National Policy Of Development & Empowerment Of Women The National Policy for Development & Empowerment of Women is the major policy guideline for the Women Development Department, which incorporates these guidelines in all it's policies, programs and projects. All project schemes are based on the following principles: Ensuring that government agencies adopt a gender sensitive approach for development in preparing needs, based on participatory and implementable programmes and projects into all sectors of development and to include the private sector as well. Developing multi-sartorial and inter disciplinary approaches for women’s development with horizontal and vertical linkages at every level. Mainstreaming gender issues through integration into all sectors of national development. Eliminating all negative social practices.
ADP SCHEMES (ON-GOING) 2013-14
1. Establishment of Sales & Display Resource Centre Karachi.
10. Establishment of Women Development complex at Sukkur.
12. Establishment of Day care centers 3 in Karachi and one each at divisional Head quarter in Sindh.
13. Baby/Child Care Training Centres at all District Headquarters and18Towns of Karachi.
14. Mapping of avilablilty of resouses and women Group/ organiztions / Cooperative societies .
New Schemes (New)2013-14
1. Enabling Rural/Urban disadvantaged Women’s Access to Finance (EWAF) forBusiness and Asset Creation Through First Women Bank Ltd(FWBL).
2. Establishment of Working Women Hostel at Karachi.
1. ESTABLISHMENT OF MEDIA CELL AT KARACHI
Government has made various commitments ,signed conventions and charters at national and international level which require continuous media campaign through national and regional languages via electronic and print media by article writing in newspapers, publication of brochures, magazines, dramas on TV channels, documentaries etc. Women issues will also be raised through workshops, discussions, seminars, conferences, and congregations with proper media publicity.
2. ESTABLISHMENT OF WOMEN COMPLAINT CELLS
Women Complaint Cells are providing protection to the women in distress/ crisis and will render basic legal, medical and counselling services to the needy women.
3. Report on Trafficking of Women in Sindh
4. Establishment of Working Women Hostels at Shaheed Banazirabad
The Project envisages to provide accommodation facilities to working women come from the far flung areas of the Sindh on subsidized rates, to working women to work out of the city.
The possession of hostel building has been taken over . The staff under the project is required to be hired to start the centre.
5. ESTABLISHMENT OF DAY CARE CENTRE AT KARACHI.
The scheme aims at helping and facilitating the working women by providing them relaxation and peace of mind regarding the well being of their infant / toddlers while they go to work.
Day Care Center established at Directorates of Women Development PECHS Karachi. This Centre is providing protection to the infants and children of working women against falling victim to negligence and accidents while being left unattended at their homes. The health and nutritional needs of children are also taken care of. 30 children are taken care off.
6. ESTABLISHMENT OF SALES AND DISPLAY RESOURCE CENTRE AT KARACHI
The scheme aims at socio economic development of skilled women of economically backward areas of Sindh by promoting and encouraging their skills and by providing them direct access to the market without being exploited by middle man, besides bringing their skills at par with emerging trends in national and international markets.
7. Implementation of Gender Reforms Action Plan ( Sindh GRAP)
Activities to be implemented during project period
23- District offices of Women Development Department
8. Establishment of Women Development Complex at Benazirabad
To establish a Women Development Complex for Women at Benazirabad (Nawabshah) to address the needs of women of the area through the provision of information, training and education and the development of support services centre under one roof.
9. ADVOCACY FOR WOMEN EMPOWERMENT IN SINDH
10. WOMEN DEVELOPMENT COMPLEX AT, SUKKUR
To establish a Women Development Complex for Women at Sukkur to address the needs of women of the area through the provision of information, training and education and the development of support services centre under one roof.
Achievements / Issue
Scheme approved during May 2011. Since the cost of the scheme was more than 100.00 million therefore, a summary moved to Chief Minister Sindh. Approved summary has been received in March 2012. Finance Department has been requested to release funds for Purchase of construction of building to Work and Services Department in May 2012 and in August 2012.
11. MEDIATION FOR WOMEN IN ALL DIVISIONAL H.Q IN SINDH THROUGH INSTITUTIONALIZED ALTERNATE DISPUTE RESOLUTION (ADR)
12. ESTABLISHMENT OF DAY CARE CENTERS 3 (THREE) IN KARACHI AND ONE EACH AT DIVISIONAL HEAD QUARTERS IN SINDH
The scheme aims at helping and facilitating the working women by providing them relaxation and peace of mind regarding the well being of their infant / toddlers while they go to work. 3 Day Care at Karachi and one each at and one each at divisional Head quarters in Sindh to be established.
Service Times & Directions
Weekend Masses in English
Saturday Morning: 8:00 am
Saturday Vigil: 4:30 pm
Sunday: 7:30 am, 9:00 am, 10:45 am,
Weekend Masses In Español
Saturday Vigil: 6:15pm
Sunday: 9:00am, 7:15pm
Weekday Morning Masses
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday: 8:30 am
View larger map 6654 Main Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202